The Lincoln Avenue SSA (Special Service Area) #35-2015 is a funding mechanism used by the community to maintain a clean, attractive, and competitive commercial district. The funding comes from a nominal tax levy on each commercial property within the SSA service area, which property owners chose to provide during the initial constitution of the SSA.
Services funded through the SSA tax are in addition to City services, and exclusively benefit the properties located within the boundaries of the SSA. Examples of special services include: sidewalk cleaning, maintenance and beautification, landscaping, district advertising and marketing, business attraction and economic development.
A clean and vibrant Lincoln Avenue that attracts residents and businesses.
To beautify and enhance Lincoln Avenue through the efficient use of funds levied to promote the district as a vibrant place to live and do business.
2017 SSA Services:
The SSA funds the following services along Lincoln Avenue (from Webster to Diversey) in 2016. (These services are in addition to services normally provided by the city and do not replace City services.)
- Snow Removal: Supplementary sidewalk snow removal and salting for snow events over 1".
- Sidewalk Cleaning: Sidewalk litter abatement and trash bin servicing, five times a week in warmer months (April-October) and three times in the winter (November-March).
- Landscaping: Winter and summer plantings, watering, and maintenance of hanging baskets along Lincoln Avenue. Watering of street trees and maintenance and weeding of tree beds.
- Holiday Decorations: Wreaths and garland adorn light poles along Lincoln Avenue during the holiday season.
- Sidewalk Pressure Washing: Annual pressure washing of SSA sidewalns.
- Lincoln Avenue Corridor Plan: Plan for public way aesthetics, corridor branding, and economic development for Lincoln Avenue in Lincoln Park.
- Maintenance and hosting of LincolnAveSSA.com
Get Involved with the Lincoln Avenue SSA
The Lincoln Avenue SSA is always looking for community participation. There are many different levels of involvement to fit your schedule.
- Join our email list to be notified of Commission meetings and news.
- Send us your comments. Click on "Contact" above to let us know how we're doing or to suggest other programs and services that could improve the district.
If you would like more information or to request a Commissioner application package, contact the Lincoln Park Chamber of Commerce at (773) 880-5200 or click on "Contact" above - and thanks so much for your interest in becoming involved!
2015 Lincoln Avenue SSA Reconstitution
The Lincoln Avenue SSA has helped to keep Lincoln Avenue in Lincoln Park (from Webster to Diversey) a clean and beautiful corridor for the past ten years. The SSA funds vital services such as sidewalk litter pickup, garbage bin servicing, sidewalk snow removal and salting, landscaping, and sidewalk power washing. These services are in addition to City of Chicago services or are services that the City does not provide. Local stakeholders worked to renew the SSA to keep Lincoln Avenue a clean and vibrant place to live and do business for years to come.
In November 2015, Chicago City Council approved the renewal of the Lincoln Avenue SSA (#35-2015) for another 15 years.
As required by Illinois State statute, the City Council Committee on Finance is held a public hearing on the renewal of the Lincoln Avenue SSA #35-2015 on Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 10:00am at City Hall. Notice of this hearing was mailed to all taxpayers of record within the current and proposed SSA. Download the public hearing notice. At the following City Council Committee on Finance the renewal of the SSA was approved and sent to the full city council. In November 2015, Chicago City Council approved the renewal of the Lincoln Avenue SSA (#35-2015) for another 15 years.
The Lincoln Avenue SSA Advisory Committee and SSA Commission invited property owners, residents, and business owners along Lincoln Avenue (from Webster to Diversey) to join us for Community Meetings (listed below) to discuss the proposed renewal of the SSA. Attendees heard from the SSA Advisory Committee, current SSA Commissioners, City of Chicago representatives, Lincoln Park Chamber of Commerce staff, and consultants. See below for presentations from those two meetings.
The first meeting was held Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 6:30pm at the Apollo Theater's Studio Theater (2540 N. Lincoln). The second meeting was held Wednesday, May 6, 2015 at 8:30am at Pizano's Pizza (2429 N. Lincoln) Download the meeting presentation.
Support the SSA
Support the Lincoln Avenue SSA #35-2015 by signing a letter of support for the critical services that keep the corridor clean and vibrant. Property owners within the current and proposed SSA boundaries, please click here to sign a letter of support for the SSA: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SupportSSA35
Property owners can also download an SSA support form, complete it, and mail it to:
Lincoln Avenue SSA #35
c/o Lincoln Park Chamber of Commerce
1925 N Clybourn, Suite 301
Chicago, IL 60614